1989 Custom Carolina 48 Sleep Creek Boatworks/Gary Davis
Get More Info
48' Custom Carolina 1989
Custom Carolina 48 Sleep Creek Boatworks/Gary Davis 1989 For Sale in VA Beach, Virginia
VA Beach, Virginia
- Length Overall: 48'
- Beam: 16'
- Maximum Draft: 3' 9"
- Dry Weight: 30,000 lbs
- Fuel: 500 gal
- Water: 50 gal
- Holding: 12 gal
- Engine 1 : 1989 Caterpillar 3406E - 800hp
With Fresh hull and deck paint (Spring 2020), "Fin Again" stands as a fine example of the Classic Custom Carolina, single screw charter-style workhorse. Powered by a single 800hp Caterpillar 3406e (4300 hrs, complete Cooling System Service just completed) with the added benefit of a Bow Thruster for easy docking. Built by Gary Davis at Sleepy Creek Boatworks (and having just retired from 25 years at Jarrett Bay) she is a plank on frame, easy riding beauty with a large/deep/safe cockpit with transom fishbox and Mezzanine style seating. Cockpit engine room access, drink box, tackle storage and a generously sized livewell. Center console style helm with modern Garmin touch screen electronics (HD Radar, GSD26 CHIRP sounder, Touch screen MFD's, Garmin Autopilot). Brand New 16k btu HVAC unit, Comfortable Salon, with Enclosed head and shower, bunks, tackle storage closet and master cabin with queen/pedestal bed and ample rod storage. Call for details
Engine Info and Performance
Powered by a single 3406e 800 hp Caterpillar engine (4300 original hours), "Fin Again" gets oil changes every 100 hrs (engine and generator), and Primary fuel filters get changed every 50 hrs.
- Fuel Cooler replaced Summer '19
- Transmission Cooler replaced Summer '19
- Heat Exchanger removed and cleaned May 2020
- Aftercooler removed and cleaned May 2020
- 1950 rpm = 21 kts
- 2000 rpm = 22 kts = 80% load burning 30 gph
- 2350 rpm = 26/27 kts = 100% load
Custom Carolina Spoortfish boats have always "made their money" with their looks, their function and their ride. "Fin Again" is a fine example of these traits:
- Freshly painted with Kingston Gray Hull paint and White topsides.
- Tumblehome helps keep the angler comfortable when a fish gets close to the transom.
- Wide teak coverboards with flush mounted rod holders.
- Transom fishbox that drains easily overboard when the day is done.
- A large transom door, when it's time to boat a big fish
- Huge cockpit with a freshly rolled non-skid deck
- Nautical Design fighting chair with adjustable footrest and rocket launcher backrest
- Port side Mezzanine seating (aft facing) with removable cushions
- Teak steps at Mezzanine level
- Tackle storage in center of Mezzanine step
- Engine Room access from cockpit
- Insulated drink box beneath Mezzanine seat
- Stbd side Livewell/baitbox
- Stbd side Flybridge ladder
- Fresh Water washdown (port forward)
- Raw water washdown (port forward)
- Dockside freshwater inlet (stbd forward)
- 50 amp shore power connection (stbd forward)
- Under gunwhale gaff storage
- A center Console style helm station with Teak Ladderback Captains chair.
- Teak helm pod with single engine, single lever control
- Bow Thruster
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Push button, Pop-Up electronics box
- Garmin 7612 and 8012 MFD's (Installed Summer '19)
- Garmin HD Radar (64 mile max range)
- Garmin Autopilot
- Garmin GSD 26 Professional Sounder module
- Garmin GXM Sat Weather/Sat Stereo receiver
- Garmin 4 inch data repeater with Sea Surface Temp
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio with AIS and DSC
- Magnetic compass
- Remote spotlight
- LED Cockpit spreader lights
- Rocket launcher along rear Flybridge rail
- 36' Triple Spreader outriggers
- Center Rigger
- Port and Stbd side bench seats on Flybridge (storage beneath)
- Overhead lights
- 3 sided Strataglass bridge enclosure (new 2015)