1979 Whangarei Engineering Fitzroy Yachts NZ
Get More Info
122' Whangarei Engineering 1979
Whangarei Engineering Fitzroy Yachts NZ 1979 For Sale in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Length Overall: 122'
- Beam: 20' 1"
- Maximum Draft: 8'
- Dry Weight: —
- Fuel: 7397 gal
- Water: 1982 gal
- Holding: —
- Engine 1 : Cummins KT 19 - 365hp
- Engine 2 : Cummins KT 19 - 365hp
The motor yacht "KAHU" was originally built as a New Zealand Navy "MOA" class vessel by Whangarei Engineering & Construction Ltd. in Whangarei, NZ in 1979. She was rebuilt, lengthened, and re-purposed as a long range expedition yacht by Fitzroy Yachts in New Plymouth, NZ in 2012 for a family with sites on exploring the world. She's now logged thousands of miles. The current owner has enjoyed several trips throughout the Bahamas and the Northeast Coast of the USA. Her draft (under 8') has allowed her to safely access shallow areas. At the same time, she is heavily constructed of steel plate and framing and to meet light ice class conditions.
This is a very special offering that we invite you to inspect in Florida.
Where will she take you?
NOT FOR SALE TO US RESIDENTS WHILE IN US WATERS - REGISTRATION ST. VINCENT.
Bluewater Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc.. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
KAHU was originally built in 1979 for the Royal New Zealand Navy. Known formerly as "HMNZA Manawanui" she served as a dive tender and participated in the exploration and salvage work of the MS Mikhail Lermontov in March 1986. In 1988, she was recommissioned as a training vessel for the Royal NZ Naval College and renamed KAHU, the Maori name for the harrier hawk. Kahu served until 2009 when she was decommissioned and sold as a pleasure craft.
KAHU's new owners embarked on a major 2 year refit with Fitzroy Yachts of New Zealand, extending her length from 92 to 122 feet. The bulwarks were raised up forward and the whole superstructure was replaced. They added a sewage treatment plant, water makers, stabilizers, bow and stern thrusters, an anchoring system, and upgraded all of the electronics. Her fuel capacity was increased, now giving her an 8,000 mile range.
KAHU has traveled the world many times over. She is built to handle light ice but also has a shallow enough draft to travel the Bahamas, as her current Owners do at every opportunity. Where will Kahu take you?
There are 5 Staterooms for Guests on the Lower Deck including (1) King Master aft, (2) Queen VIP Staterooms to port, (1) Full Guest Stateroom to starboard, (1) Twin Guest Stateroom to starboard. In addition, there is a Classroom/Study to starboard which could easily be converted to an additional Stateroom. Forward, there is a Crew Cabin with bunks accommodating 4 Crew. On the Bridge Deck, there is also a forward office with a Fold Out Double for additional travelers.
- Commercial Oven
- Standard Oven
- Electric Hot Plats x 6
- Glass washer
- Twin Fridge
- (3) Freezers
- Fridge Aft Deck and Bridge
- Garbage Disposal
Deck and Hull
- (2) 20 man life rafts
- 6.4 meter Explorer fiberglass hard bottom inflatable with inboard Cummins 4 cylinder diesel with Mercruiser Bravo outdrives
- Steel hydraulic crane - 2500 lbs.
- Hot tub on flybridge
- Teak aft deck
- Ice maker
- Fold out grill
Machinery and Safety
- (2) Cummins KT 19 inboard shaft driven, diesel, In Line 6 cylinder, 365 hp. Full overhaul completed February 2018! 80 hrs SMOH.
- Prop speed, shaft alignment, cutlass bearings completed February 2018.
- (3) Diesel generators including (1) 16 kw Northern Lights and (2) 42 kw Cummins Petbow
- Max Q Watermaker 200 Lts. per hour (4 new membranes)
- Shore Power Converter ABB Vsp 4 - 36 KW (converts 50 to 60 Hz)
- Power: 50 Hz, 480 volt, 3 phase
- Stabilizers Wesmar
- Wesmar Bow and Stern Thrusters
- (2) Cruiseair A/C
- OmniPure marine sewage treatment system
- Bauer Jr. dive compressor
- Fire station
- USCG approved type II fire extinguishers throughout
- FE241 fire system
- Seafire fire and smoke alarms throughout
- 6" Kelvin and White fixed compass
- ICOM IC-M59 VHF radio
- ICOM IC-M604 VHF radio
- Furuno NavPilot 700 autopilot
- Furuno NavNet depth
- NavNet 3D processor and displays
- Navman wind speed instrument
- Furuno GPS with 2 large display screens Furuno TZ touch screen NavNet 3D displays
- Furuno NavNet TZ touch screen radar
- AIS-B transponder and receiver
- ICOM IC-M801GMDSS SSB radio
- Iridium satellite phone
- Inmarsat satellite phone
- Furuno FELCOM 500 Inmarsat fleet broadband system (wifi compatible)
- Simrad GPS plotter
- Electronic hailer fog signal/horn
- McMurdo 406 MHz GPS Class 2 EPIRB
- (2) PLB personal location beacons
- Air hour
- Ships bell
- FLIR night vision camera
Recent Updates and repairs. November 2017 until February 2018
- Complete bottom Job down to metal primer and 2 coats of antifoul.
- Service all through hull fittings and values.
- Installed new raw water strainers to water maker and A/C.
- Engine room bilges painted.
- Complete rebuilds of both Main Engines and both generators including new pistons, rings, bearings, rebuild turbo's, heads rebuilt, Starter motors, Injectors, heat exchanges, exhaust bellows. Now 80 hours on Main engines.
- Replace new air compressor.
- Replace Air Blowers and service A/C units.
- Replace Throttle control on tender.
- Replace and rebuild fresh water pumps.
- Rebuild both Fire pumps and Black and Grey Water pumps.
- Paint hull including modification to Stern.
- Paint bulwarks and gunnels.
- Carpet and lounge professionally cleaned.
- New Entertainment equipment including fire and direct TV installed in 2 staterooms as well as main saloon.
- New Furuno plotter/sounder.
- Complete refit to interior including new carpet, Lounges and main saloon furniture. Hydraulic system serviced/Tested including new oil, filters and noise damper.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.