Back Cove Yachts Announces the new 34O with twin Yamaha Outboards
Back Cove reveals their entry into the outboard cruising segment with the all-new 34O, where the “O” stands for Outboard. Hull 1 is currently in production at the company’s Rockland, Maine plant and is set to debut at the Newport International Boat Show in September. The 34O features an all-new hull design to maximize the outboard power while offering familiar Back Cove appointments throughout. The base price is estimated at $385,000 which is roughly $60,000 less than a similarly equipped inboard diesel powered 34. The new 34O is said to best her single screw counterpart’s top speed by 10 knots with standard twin Yamaha F300’s.
Back Cove 34O Features:
- Standard Twin Yamaha F300 power
- Optional Twin Yamaha F350 power
- Optional Twin Suzuki 350 power forthcoming
- 250-gallon fuel capacity offers 300-mile range
- Standard power offers estimated 35 knot top speed
- Standard bow thruster and Seastar steering
- Available 5kW diesel generator with lower cabin A/C
- Optional factory-installed Seakeeper
Kevin Burns, VP of Product Design & Development, explains the 34O hull design and the power of Computational Fluid Dynamics in the design process.
Experience a time lapse of the entire hull lamination process for the first Back Cove 34O.